Thursday, February 21, 2013

Must Love Romance

In case it hasn't become apparent to my four readers out there...

I have no idea what I'm doing with this blog.

Blogging is an art. Stop laughing. No wait. Keep laughing. Funny blogs keep readers coming back. And my funny bone doesn't convey well through the Internet. But it has a killer sense of humor. Maybe talented guest bloggers could bring all the people. Funny guest bloggers.

Can there be a blog where guest bloggers only post and never the owner? There can. It's called Ravishing Romances and that's already run by Enchanting Ella and Musing Maddie. Maybe that could work here, too.

Funny bloggers please apply. Must Love Romance.

In the meantime I apologize, but you have me. With nothing of interest to say. But I could use some advice.

Creative marketing (I think) is essential to any successful business and I'm not sure how to approach the marketing for The Romantic Editor.

I did take out a Facebook Ad for one week and that worked out really well. Since The Romantic Editor sells something more expensive than a book, the ad directed users toward The Romantic Editor's FB page for Likes. It received several and I received several emails for work. No bites, but nibbles are great.

There's this website, of course, and the lovely and talented Carrie of Seductive Designs created the banner, the button, and the favicon.

Social media is active for Goodreads, Twitter, and Facebook.

There's no newsletter. One might start once clients release novels edited by me. That's my news and hopefully it helps authors generate more sales.

I contacted Kristen Lamb (Ingrid, actually) about blogging techniques. No response. Guess some bloggers have no hope.

Just ordered an ink stamp that reads, "Courtesy of: The Romantic Editor" with the website. Now when books are donated to bookstores, conferences, and book groups the name is at least inside.

...but what else? Is there anything else? Should there be anything else? There are grander ideas for marketing, but they require a larger, more profitable business. At the end of the day I am one editor charging a low fee. Expensive advertising might make people aware, but the money generated should cover the cost of advertising.

Which means that sponsoring romance conferences might help to only break the bank.

Anyone have any creative ideas? Please share them if you do.


And seriously, funny people of the World Wide Web. Please apply inside. Must Love Romance.


To read similar articles, search using the below label "personal."

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kristin we all have times our funny bone is not working.
    You are a hoot - just relax and let it flow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KAME! I always think of The Bloggess when mentioning funny bloggers. Tawna Fenske and The Romance Man, too. ;)

      Delete
  2. Hang in there lovely lady! If you didn't see my post before, (I know you were sick - hope you're feeling better) I posted my debut blog post several days ago. It went very well, considering I only used FB for promo and only posted a promo once. There is so much to learn still, but I have came across some things that helped me. I will message them to you with a link to my blog. I am no expert but it may help you. I agree that funny blogs are mostly successful. My debut blog post was funny, or so I hoped. Judging by my FB friends reactions and my stats it was much better than I'd hoped. Of course, there was one person offering unwanted advice and I found it in the spam folder. Lol. Come to find out they had a valid point, and I took it with a grain of salt. Live and learn. Consider all possibilities, and know it IS possible! Anyway, message on the way. Hope you have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete